The World Health Organization’s (WHO) director-general Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus said on Friday that Europe had now become the epicenter of the COVID-19 outbreak, with more daily cases being reported than at the height of the outbreak in China, where the virus first began. He added that more than 123,000 cases had been reported, with 5,000 deaths.
Dr. Maria Van Kerkhove said that the timing of when the COVID-19 virus would peak globally was not easy to predict, however the trajectory of the coronavirus in each country would depend on how they respond and how they react to their first cases. She also said that the timing of the virus peaking in countries dealing with independent clusters would depend on how they look for the chains of transmission within the clusters.
Tedros also announced anyone could now donate to the COVID-19 Solidarity Response Fund, saying they were originally relying on governmental donations, but now the general public can also contribute. He said this would help with co-ordination to combat the virus, purchase more medical equipment, and invest in research and development.
For more info, please go to
Subscribe to Global News Channel HERE:
Like Global News on Facebook HERE:
Follow Global News on Twitter HERE:
Follow Global News on Instagram HERE:
#Coronavirus #COVID19 #Health #GlobalNews
Xem thêm Bài Viết:
- [Zap Télé] La musique du Covid ! (22/05/20)
- Tin tức dịch Covid 19 mới nhất ngày 11 tháng 5, 2020 | Trung Quốc cảnh báo xung đột vũ trang với Mỹ
- XSMB NGÀY 23 05, PHÂN TÍCH CẦU LÔ, CHỐT SỐ MIỀN BẮC, XỔ SỐ MIỀN BẮC, SỐ ĐẸP HÔM NAY, KIÊN MIỀN BẮC
- Dự báo thời tiết ngày mai 23/05/2020 | Bản tin Thời tiết mới nhất | ANTG
- Wefit phá sản, khách hàng có đòi được tiền không? | Luật Sư X